We are getting ready for virtual workforce training in 2022.
See details below.
Currently, we are developing the Hozho Homes Program to offer affordable energy access to Native American homes currently without grid-tied electricity. One component of this program is solar workforce training to provide the skills needed to install and maintain off-grid photovoltaics systems. The workforce program may include introduction to off-grid solar, or more advanced courses for different skill levels.
We are partnering with Remote Energy to provide virtual training that provides a foundation to solar photovoltaics and DC solar fundamentals.
- Limited scholarships are available each session. Please let us know if you are interested in paying for your course fees.
- This course is a serious commitment to complete 30 hours of training over 4 weeks at your own pace.
- High speed internet is needed to watch videos and take quizzes and exams.
- You will be asked to complete a follow-up survey.
- Participants are expected to follow a code of conduct and treat other participants with respect.
- Previous technical experience is not required. Math skills will be put to work.
- This training does not guarantee a job or additional training after completion.
- Fill out an online application here.
- Application reviews. Reviewers will invite a short list of applicants to participate in the trainings
- Possible interview by phone to help select participants.
- Invitation to Participate. Participants will be invited to participate in training. Some trainings will be virtual and require internet connection.
- Training begins.